At Blake Psychotherapy, we work with your out of network benefits which all you to be reimbursed by your insurance company for therapy services. In addition, some of our patients have been successful in obtaining authorization for coverage of services, even when they did not have out of network benefits. We have decided not to be in plan with insurance, as many insurance companies are severely limiting the number of visits they will pay for. In addition, many people are concerned about how well insurance companies safeguard the confidentiality of information submitted to them for reimbursement purposes. Therefore, we ask our clients to pay us directly. As licensed therapists, our services are likely to be covered in full or in part by your health insurance.
Please check your coverage fully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my annual deductible and has it been met for this year?
- When does my calendar year start?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- Does my plan have out of network benefits?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- What does the company allow (“reasonable and customary”) for these codes: 90791, 90834 & 90837?
- Are there standardized forms I will need to submit for reimbursement? Where do I find them?
To make it easier for individuals to pay directly, some employers offer programs that allow you to set aside a certain amount of your salary for medical and psychological services (HAS/FSA). This money is not counted as income for tax purposes, and you are reimbursed for health related services, such as therapy. You may be able to deduct the cost of your therapy as a medical expense on your income tax return as well. Check with your tax adviser to see if you can go this route.
Call our office today at 410-988-4002 to discuss treatment costs, insurance questions, or to obtain assistance with determining your benefits and possibilities of treatment with us.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified your therapist at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full fee for that session. Please call as soon as possible if you have trouble making your appointment time.
Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard and American Express accepted.
***Payment required at or before each scheduled session